Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holiday Wreath Clinic 2008 - Part II

My flower partner, Tracy Lou, brought two friends to the Wreath Clinic on Sunday. Tracy's on the right holding the bouquet, May's in the middle, and Diana is on the left.


May is getting married next year so they came to the Wreath Clinic to experiment making some bridal flowers. The mock-up bridal bouquet is at the top of this post. And they made a bridesmaid's bouquet and pew clip:




They decided that the bridesmaid bouquet should have more light roses so that it would show a greater contrast with the bride's bouquet. Tracy and Mae are taking Wendy Pine's bridal class this term; I think they are going to get an A plus.

For years I've been trying to convince brides that they should use miniature clay pots to make teeny tiny arrangements that could be used for favors or place card holders. I finally realized that showing them a tiny clay pot is not sufficient; I had to make some examples:



When I showed my examples, Diane's daughter had a great time making more:



I'm happy to report that May decided to use clay miniatures for her wedding! She is very lucky that she has talented bridesmaids Tracy and Diana to help her make 150 of them.

Dakota Angel has been coming to the Wreath Clinics since the very first one in 2000. This year she decided to make two dried topiaries. She left room to be able to add fresh flowers once in a while. It was an ambitious plan and a lot of work, but I think she will be happy for a very long time with these:


Stephanie made a beautiful candle centerpiece with no help whatsoever:


I think her sweet labradoodle, Lucie, was her inspiration:


This is Casey's second Wreath Clinic. This year's kissing ball is more elaborate than the one she made last year:


Linda made a gorgeous wreath and also had time to make a centerpiece:


We raised $600 for Second Harvest and a corporate community giving campaign. All in all, this year's event went very well.

5 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I love the little clay pot idea. I also really love saying the word labradoodle. How funny!

Relyn Lawson said...

It's Thanksgiving today. I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I am grateful for you. For our friendship. For blogging. For your constant support. We have so much to be grateful for. Much love to you and yours.

tangobaby said...

Those miniatures are really, really fun and cute!

Emily said...

Great photos. Beautiful arrangements. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Dutchbaby said...

Dear Relyn,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of Team Lawson! Thank you for your friendship!

Hey tb,
I'm glad you like the miniatures - they are super fun to make.

Dear Jemm,
Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you like the arrangements, they are all very good students!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share