We have an old fig tree in our back yard and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare them.
Broiled Figs with Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
- With a paring knife, slice an "X" at the bottom of each fig.
- Insert a dollop of soft cheese into the "X". Suggested cheeses: goat cheese, blue cheese (especially "Maytag Blue"), burrata, brie
- Wrap a slice of Prosciutto di Parma around each fig.
- Place under broiler until the edges of the prosciutto are crispy, around 5 minutes.
- Serve warm as an appetizer.
- Lick your fingers.