Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Passion for Travel


 Fireplace by @rild

When you have a passion it is unavoidable. Trying to fight it would be like trying to fight gravity.

My dear and talented friend Relyn at Come Sit at My Fire is devoting a series of posts on passions and she asked some of her blogger friends to be guest bloggers. Christina, from Soul Aperture, kicked off this series with her post on her passion for words and I am thrilled to report that I am sitting in front of her crackling fire right now sharing one of my passions.  Won't you pop over there, pull up a chair, and join us for a cup of tea?

Here's a little music to get you in the mood:



I know he's completely cheesy but, I can't help myself, I find Michael Bublé highly entertaining and I love how he sings. Besides, I couldn't find a decent version of Ol' Blue Eyes' on YouTube.

9 comments:

tangobaby said...

I loved your guest post. And I forgot to mention how much I loved reading about your DH and his willingness to travel, too.

christina said...

As I mentioned, you took me a million miles away. And for that I am so thankful. You can take me by the hand anytime, sweetheart.

Here's to the passions that burn so deep, inside of us all.
xo

Rebekah said...

I've already praised your guest post, but I need to do so again. I just love it. Thanks also for helping me find yet another wonderful writer.

Dutchbaby said...

Dear tangobaby,
Thank you! I guess I hadn't told you that story about him yet. I was so happy he enjoyed the trip.

Dear Christina,
Thank you for your wonderful words.

Hear hear! To passions!

Dear Rebekah,
Thank you so much! I'm glad you found Relyn, she's a remarkable soul.

Anonymous said...

Am on my way to visit!

Relyn Lawson said...

Your guest post was marvelous. Thank you again.

Dutchbaby said...

Dear Paris,
Thanks!

Dear Relyn,
It was a great honor! Thank you for sharing your friends!

Yoli said...

My passion has always been and will always be, travel.

Dutchbaby said...

Dear Yoli,
Your comment reminds me of one of my favorite Mark Twain quotes:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” —Mark Twain, 1857

Thanks for traveling here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share