Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween at Pacific International Quilt Fest XX


DSC06860 M&M Ruffle

For all you overachieving recyclers out there, I have a suggestion for what you can do with the Halloween candy wrappers your kids will be bringing home tomorrow night. You can follow in Charlotte Kruk & Carol Traumiller's footsteps and get a head start on next year's Halloween costume.

DSC06858 M&M dress
"Flam & Menco" by mother-daughter team: Charlotte Kruk & Carol Traumiller 

Or you can be inspired by Flora Story and create an original Halloween quilt and ask June Hollister to do the long-arm quillting for you.


DSC06804 Witches R Us  - Flora Story  June Hollister
"Witches 'R' Us" by Flora Story and June Hollister

If don't have time to do either of these projects, perhaps you can buy a kit to make this whimsical wall quilt. The candy corns are buttons that may be purchased separately.


DSC06969 Candy Corn Lane
"Candy Corn Lane", Quilt pattern and kit by Holly Hill Quilt Designs

All three projects seen at the Pacific International Quilt Festival XX in Santa Clara, CA

Enjoy your Halloween!

14 comments:

Vagabonde said...

I looked at the Mancuso Brothers schedule but they are not coming to the Deep South. Your last post showing recycled material being used in flower arrangements was really cool – such great and original ideas. I love quilts but I don’t think I’ll ever have the time to make one. I thought that once I retired I would have a lot of time ---- that was before I knew about blogs! Just keeping track of all the blogs I read and writing my post take a lot of my time – I am behind in reading my books now.
That witch quilt is quite colorful and fun. Thanks for always sharing such interesting and attractive pics.

Ginnie Hart said...

Creativity like this blows me away, DB. I love it! Who would have thought a witch quilt could be so...cute. :)

Kala said...

I love that M&M wrapper ruffled dress!! Super creative.

EG CameraGirl said...

Amazing work! So much detail!

Marilyn Miller said...

Wonderful quilt ideas. The ruffle in the first picture made me think of a Christmas tree made with the candy ruffles. That would be fun now would it?

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh my goodness, these are wonderful!
I love the quilt, and the M&M dress is amazing!!
Truly works of art.

Rochambeau said...

The Flam
Menco
OH my
LOVE!!

Dutchbaby said...

Dear Vagabonde,
Too bad that there isn't a Mancuso Brothers quilt show nearby for you. I know you would love to attend one.

I laughed when I read your comment about blogging consuming all your retirement time. I can relate!

Dutchbaby said...

Dear Ginnie,
I bet you loved those witch boots in that quilt!

Dutchbaby said...

Dear Kala,
Amazing isn't it?

Dutchbaby said...

Dear EG Wow!
Thanks for stopping to admire these works.

Dutchbaby said...

Dear Marilyn,
Yes, those ruffles would make a great Christmas tree. It would be cute if it was made with a candy cane stripe.

Dutchbaby said...

Dear lisa,
I love being around these quilts.

Dutchbaby said...

Dear rochambeau,
That dress is right up your alley. I bet it would look stunning on you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share